Re: Royal Jurai Family Life Span

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Royal Jurai Family Life Span
date Mon, 2 Mar 1998 14:31:01 +0100 (MET)
On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Tempest- wrote:

> 	Alright, this is my theory and I want to know what you think.
>
> 	Azusa is very very very very old.

By earth standards, he certainly is...

> 	How you figure? you ask.  Well, I'll tell you. As long as you keep up
> with me and know that I'm using the OAV series only. (which works since
> Azusa is ONLY IN the OAV series... :))  I'll be working on theories of
> ascending order as well.
>
> 	Just look at Azusa, he looks to be about 30, right?  About the same
> age as Nobuyuki, so he at least 30, okay?
>
> 	30! Hah. Azusa is Aeka and Sasami's father, and they've been in
> cryostasis for 700 years searching for Ryouko.  So Azusa must be at
> least 700 years old then, okay?
>
> 	Well, Aeka is looks like a late teenager maybe at the latest in her
> 20's, so lets push Azusa's birthday back another 20 years.  Okay, so
> far, he's 720.
>
> 	Azusa is Yousho's father as well.  Yousho is Aeka and Sasami's older
> brother, and from flashbacks we see that even when Aeka was real little
> Yousho was old.  Probably at least 10 to 20 years older.  So lets push
> it back a bit farther then.  740 years old.
>
> 	Well, he certainly wasn't going around having children the year he was
> born now was he?! So he had to find a wife, that means commitment and
> because of Juraian extended lifetimes, things happen with further times
> apart.  Tenchi has Aeka and Ryouko and he's 17, but he won't be having
> children with them for at least four years if he was following earth
> ways, and Juraian ways are definitely different.  But lets say that
> Azusa was extremely dashing and got Funaho and Misaki at age 20 and,
> pop! Out came Yousho.  Another 20 years back, 760 years.

So far, I agree perfectly with you. But now...

> 	OAV 13. Azusa meets with Yousho at the end and his last words with him
> is "I can wait another 1000 years."  So that means Azusa has been
> pestering Yousho to take his place for at least 1000 years.  Which
> means Yousho has to be at least 1000 years old, possibly more.  So
> we'll modify Yousho's age. Azusa is, so far, 1020 years old.

This is debatable. First, your number is wrong: He says "I can't wait
another TWO thousand years". And it does NOT necessarily mean he has
already waited that long. There are timelines and dates given by
the creators o Tenchi Muyo and they say otherwise.
An explanation is this: The lifespan of a member of the Juraian Royal
Family is something in the 2500 years region. So what Azusa means is
this:

"In order to keep the empire politically stable, It has to be clear who
 will be my sucessor. I need your decision as soon as possible, NOT
 in 2000 years when I'm about to die!"

> 	Pretty old, isn't he? No? Well, now we're getting crazy.
>
> 	From all the flashbacks we've had, Azusa has ALWAYS been Emperor, even
> the flashbacks of young Aeka.  So that means they couldn't have been

In all of Aeka's flashbacks, Azusa doesn't appear, isn't even mentioned.

> born before, so lets place their ages after when Azusa got the throne.
> 1780 years old.

You lost me. I simply don't have any idea how you reach that conclusion.

> 	Okay, Azusa has been pestering Yousho to take the throne for at about
> 1000 years.  Which means he has either been forced into this (which,
> the way he pursues it, doesn't seem likely) or he's coming to the end
> of his time on the throne.  Well, if Yousho is 1000 and he's being
> asked to take the throne, Azusa must have waited at least that long to
> get the throne himself.  2000 years old.

Even if we assume your presumptions are right, this is not the logic
conclusion. You can't take one case and then say It always has to be that
way.

> 	Umm, Washuu was prisoner on Kagato's space ship for 7,000 years.  She

Wrong, it was 5000 years.

> came out of that ship and knew all about Azusa, what his ship looked
> like, about his wives, and that he WAS Emperor.  So what does that
> mean? It means he must have been emperor when she was captured by
> Kagato.

Don't you think that maybe perhaps there actually was some time between
Washu coming out of stasis and her displaying this knowledge? Like
the time during which episodes 7-12 happened? And does it seem completely
impossible that one of the first things she'd do would be to get up to
date about the current political situation, especially considering that
she's living together with all three children of the ruler of the most
powerful empire in the galaxy, which means the possibility that daddy
is going to show up sooner or later is pretty close to 100% ...

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list