Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Dawn and Ed Warren <runestar@nr.infi.net>
subject Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?
date Tue, 06 Aug 1996 00:34:17 -0400
At 06:48 PM 8/4/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 05:29 PM 8/4/96 +0800, you wrote:
>>
>>Greetings, fellow Tenchi fans!
>>
>>Sorry for this way-off-the-topic question, but...
>>
>>Finally, my dorm's network is up and running! ^_^
>>
>>I know, big deal. ^_- But I was wondering if anyone is familiar with
>>setting up Netscape under Win95? I keep on getting this stupid "Error:
>>Network not found" message. In fact, I haven't been able to get a
>>single network application running after Win95.
>>   Colonel Aubrey "SwiftHeart" Chen
>>
>        Not dumb at all. The set-up in win95 is horrendous, and you have
>probably either missed an entry, or made a single digit error. Two ways to
>try and get it right. First, go into help and use the click-boxes to step
>through help as you set up. It may ask you to open a component that isn't
>there. Not everything needed to get on the internet is installed in the
>defaul setup, you add those in the "my-computer/add-remove programs", have
>your installation CD or disks handy. Don't be surprised if you have to step
>through it several times to make the damned thing happy.
>        The other way is to get the Plus programs, they include setup
>wizards that make set-up of non Microsoft browsers almost doable. I know
>it's a ripoff, but the truth is, without Plus, win95 is only about 3/4 of an
>OS. B-|
>        Remember to refuse, delete, etc. anything that tries to get you onto
>Microsoft's own subscriptions.
>
>                                Greg M.

Thank you Herr M., this is what I was trying to say but I don't always say
things well.  The whole Network Neighborhood cum Dial-Up thing is geared
towards LANs and I had to add TCP/IP protocol to it later. When installing
W95 it asked if I used a network and I thought "well no I want to PPP "
so... didn't install it.  No Network anything showed up, I had to add
components later to do that.  I can go look up specific names but you get
the idea.  I'm sorry I don't express myself well, that's why I haven't
posted b4; everyone is so eloquent here :(
BTW Hi Donna I'm the other girl on the list <wave> :D
Dawn

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited