Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Gregory Matteson <matteson@ccnet.com>
subject Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?
date Sun, 4 Aug 1996 19:03:31 -0700 (PDT)
At 06:57 PM 8/4/96 -0700, you wrote:
>> Greetings, fellow Tenchi fans!
>> Sorry for this way-off-the-topic question, but...
>>
>> Finally, my dorm's network is up and running! ^_^
>>
>> I know, big deal. ^_- But I was wondering if anyone is familiar with
>> setting up Netscape under Win95? I keep on getting this stupid "Error:
>> Network not found" message. In fact, I haven't been able to get a
>> single network application running after Win95. Please, treat me like an
>> idiot when answering this question if possible (but don't hurt my pride in
>> the process, OK?). Thank you! ^_^
>
>	For a LAN:
>
>	You need to set your dialing program (Trumpet winsock) to be used over a
>local area network, not Netscape. To do this, you must have a packet
driver, and a
>program called WINPKT, which is usually supplied with your network card. I've
>never used netscape over a network before, so check the help file first.
>
>						- Serpent Mage

Sorry I spoke too quickly. Got to the bottom of my mail and saw that you and
others provided excellent advice.  My method works too, for almost any win95
configuration, but with a lot more hacking and frustration.

                                Greg M.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited