Re: Tenchi Merchandise Wishlist Entry

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Chris Bradford <reynard@3-cities.com>
subject Re: Tenchi Merchandise Wishlist Entry
date Sat, 31 Jan 1998 15:27:18 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Happosai wrote:

> On 27 Jan 98 at 14:20, Chris Bradford wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see a Tenchi RPG put out by R. Talsorian Games. :)
>
> Hmm... that sounds interesting. But what kinds of characters could you
> make, within the available material, without them just being clones of the
> original cast? I mean, you've really just got three groups to draw from:
> Juraians, GP officers, and the Science Academy (students, teachers, and
> experiments). Anything else and the game creators would have to be making
> stuff up off the top of their heads.

It wouldn't be so bad if the RPG development team expanded on the Tenchi
Muyo universe.  Besides, I'm sure that the creators of our favorite anime
have detailed a lot of the galaxy behind our backs.  West End Games were
faced with a similar situation when they were given the SW license, and they
handled it quite well.

There's plenty of room for adventure in the TM universe.  Players could be
GP officers (lots of adventure potential there), or they could be the
owner/operators of a small-time shipping outfit.  They could even be
pirates, or bounty hunters.

The Milky Way is a *big* place, full of mystery and adventure.

|Chris Bradford, confirmed Vulpo/Mythic-phile                        |
|FCFm4mrw A C++ D H+ M+ P++ R+++ T+++ W+>$++++ Z+>++ Sh+             |
|RLAT a calo++ d- e+>+++ f+ h*>++ iwf+>+++ p+ sm#                    |
|http://www.3-cities.com/~reynard/elena.html                         |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited