Re: OVA 1 Japanese LD

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Scott Henry <scotth@sgi.com>
subject Re: OVA 1 Japanese LD
date 31 Jan 1998 14:49:45 -0800

B> I got several Tenchi LDs yesterday, one of them the original Japanese
B> OVA episode 1. And I was REALLY surprised (and a bit pissed off) when I
B> noticed that it's CLV! Yup, ONE SINGLE half-hour episode on a CLV LD!

B> Why would anyone do that?

Because it's cheaper to produce. You don't need to mark all the 3/4
pull-down for accurate CAV single-stepping. Some years ago on r.a.a,
Robert Woodhead (of AnimEigo) explained the difficulties of making
a proper CAV master from material that wasn't originally created to
be CAV.

--
               More Important Drivel from:
 Scott Henry <scotty@sgi.com> /\/\/\  http://reality.sgi.com/scotth/