Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Dawn and Ed Warren <runestar@nr.infi.net>
subject Re: How to get Netscape 3.06B running under Win95?
date Sun, 04 Aug 1996 19:35:09 -0400
At 10:55 PM 8/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Dawn and Ed Warren wrote:
>>
>> It also helps to have the Dial-up Networking option of Windows 95 installed
>> as well. You can set things up through Network Neighborhood.  I've got a PPP
>> conection so it's a little different for me.
>
>Keh!? From what he describes, I'd say his Dorm is on the 'net, so he
>doesn't need dialup. And seeing he's using Win95, he doesn't need
>Trumpet either.

You're agreeing with me by disagreeing.  I'm saying if the networking stuff
is not installed during Windows 95 installation, it will give you a blank
look when you try to use a network connection.  One of the components is
called dial-up networking (not my idea on a good name). All the components
of it need to be installed first, wakarimasu ka?  I don't use Trumpet either
just W95's winsock. When a certain ISP told me I couldn't use that winsock
and stack I told them where they could stick their stack; too much hassle :p

>Check under Network in the Control Panel. If you don't have TCP/IP
>listed there, then you'll need to install it by going
>Add->Protocol->Microsoft->TCP/IP.

If those components aren't installed, Network doesn't show up as an option :p.

>Once installed, you'll need to configure it most likely, and you should
>talk to whoever's in charge of the network to get your IP number & other
>details.
>
>--
>. Trevor Phillips      -      http://www.cage.curtin.edu.au/~phillips/ .
>: Computer Systems Officer        -        phillips@cage.curtin.edu.au :
>| School of Surveying and Land Information    -   Curtin University    |
>| The Archchancellor's most important job, as the Bursar saw it, was   |
>| to sign things, preferably, from the Bursar's point of view, without |
>| reading them first.                                                  |
> \      -- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)                         /

grrrr....;P

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited