Re: Of Facts and Fiction

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Of Facts and Fiction
date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 23:07:35 -0700
At 09:48 PM 8/1/96 -0700, Gregory Matteson <matteson@ccnet.com> wrote:
>At 10:30 PM 7/31/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>>        We could go on like this indefinately, and you could probably
>>>explain adequately every problem I could raise, but you would be shooting
>>>yourself in the foot.
>>But so far it looks more like you're shooting yourself in the foot...  ;p
>        Considering you've admitted to a major problem with the conceptual
>structure of the text.

Funny, I don't recall saying anything like that (that 101 contains "a major
problem with the conceptual structure of the text).  I'll admit that Tenchi
101 is not without its faults (hey, the writers are humans, too, and we all
make mistakes, that's human), but so far have yet to see an error that is
anything more than minor.

Perhaps in "structure of the text" you mean what I said about the format in
which the "More Details" section has taken, which was not the same in the
English translation.  IMHO the English translation is still excellent,
although certain parts of it can be misleading because of the way it
differed from the original.

Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>  http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
    "If God had intended Man to smoke, He'd have set him on fire."
Member of #SAS#, the Sasami  *"I won't forget (this sky)
        Appreciation Society * I won't forget (this dream)
                             * The gentle seasons I now share with you
"I ran into my ex-girlfriend * In sadness (the days I shook and),
    yesterday...             * In joy (the days I cried),
 Then I backed up and ran    * These are important memories."
    into her again.          *    -Omoide ga ippai (Full of Memories),
 I miss her sometimes."      *          "Ranma 1/2 Nettouhen" OP, 1990
                  -Jeff Ross *           Translation by Theresa Martin

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs