Re: Of Facts and Fiction

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Of Facts and Fiction
date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 22:50:05 -0700
At 09:48 PM 8/1/96 -0700, Gregory Matteson <matteson@ccnet.com> wrote:
>At 10:30 PM 7/31/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>Are you sure your copy wasn't just in HTML codes?  I had a problem searching
>>for the specifics you mentioned because 101 questions is a lot of ground to
>>cover, and I didn't do a text search from within an editor, so all I could
>>do was to skim through the questions.
>        Give me a break!  First, HTML is Windows compatable(it is all ascii
>code, after all! Second I have checked closely, there is lots of illegal
>binary code in the formatting areas of the file. In DOS EDIT display, non
>text code includes a lot of those flaky IBM character set things like spades
>and hearts.

Just a curiousity, nothing more.  The original English translation I got was
in HTML codes, and not having a windows-based web browser at the time, I
edited out all the HTML tags myself...  (and at the time, I knew nothing of
HTML codes, so they looked garbled to me)

>>In your mentioning of the Ryoohki inconsistency, I have noticed question 62,
>>but was unable to find an instance where it mentioned that the first gen
>>Ryoohki was not really hurt during the battle with Ryuoh,
>This is backwards from what I said, 62 asserts that Ryo-ohki was badly damaged.

You said that 101 stated in one answer that 1st gen Ryoohki was badly hurt
after the battle with Ryuoh, while in another place it says 1st gen Ryoohki
was not hurt at all after the same incident.  I found your first
assertation, but not the second.

>> although I have
>>noticed question 66, I dismissed it immediately because it was talking about
>>a different battle, and the Ryoohki involved was also different.
>        Are you admitting you didn't check it out?  From your paraphrase,
>one would think you did, and don't have the same text I do.

I looked at it, and because it talked about the 2nd gen Ryoohki being not
damaged much at all in the battle with Souja, could not see any
inconsistencies what-so-ever.  Once again, read the question and answers
carefully.  Also read my other message...

Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>  http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
    "If God had intended Man to smoke, He'd have set him on fire."
Member of #SAS#, the Sasami  *"I won't forget (this sky)
        Appreciation Society * I won't forget (this dream)
                             * The gentle seasons I now share with you
"I ran into my ex-girlfriend * In sadness (the days I shook and),
    yesterday...             * In joy (the days I cried),
 Then I backed up and ran    * These are important memories."
    into her again.          *    -Omoide ga ippai (Full of Memories),
 I miss her sometimes."      *          "Ranma 1/2 Nettouhen" OP, 1990
                  -Jeff Ross *           Translation by Theresa Martin

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs