Re: 101- was- Washuu & Mihoshi ?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Bob Cannard <bobtmigo@teleport.com>
subject Re: 101- was- Washuu & Mihoshi ?
date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 02:07:00 -0700
tomar@iastate.edu wrote:

> Washu, Kagato, Ryoko, and Ryo-ohki are all from the same archtype:
> "inorganic".  Notice that all four use things like crystal, stone,
> and light in their techonolgy.  On the other hand, Jurain
> techonology is very "organic".  There ships are full of life forms.
> I think it's an excellent contrast between the two types of powerful
> techonologies in the Tenchi-verse.

'Scuse me, I'm butting in again... don't worry, I'll go away soon,
honest!

I'm a little surprised at this inorganic archetype thing. Maybe
you don't take OVA 10 very seriously (I know it makes some Tenchi
fans start frothing at the mouth at any mention of the second
series) but Washu's lecture contains a significant point: after
describing Ryoko's origin based on Washuu's egg and the Masu,
she goes on to say that she did basically the same thing with
Ryoohki, but with a crystalline life form. Earlier in the episode
she'd also said that the Masu were Ryoohki's base life form. The
implication is that Ryoohki is 50% crystalline, but Washu and
Ryoko aren't (unless Washuu isn't telling us something!)

Any thoughts, does 101 Facts throw any real light on this?

> What I ment by "Goddess knows where Washu really comes from.  ^o^"
> was that no one is really sure where she come from.  Where are
> her roots?  I wonder if everyone on her homeworld has the same
> pointy hair?!!?!?!  ^_^;  Or maybe she was never really born
> here at all....

I'm not sure, but after what happened to Kagato's hairdo in OVA 6,
it may be that the pointy hair common to Washuu and Ryouko is an
effect of the power running through them.

         Bob.

--
| Bob Cannard, your friendly local |  Yuggoth Mining Corporation   |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs