Re: Of Facts and Fiction

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Bob Cannard <bobtmigo@teleport.com>
subject Re: Of Facts and Fiction
date Thu, 01 Aug 1996 01:54:36 -0700
Dr. Briefs wrote:
> See, they are complete unrelated.  Ryoohki was hardly hurt during the battle
> with Kagato (Souja), NOT the same case with Ryuoh.  There's nothing wrong
> with the English translation (I have it, too).  I supposed you were confused
> because it still mentions Ryuoh.  It does state that the Ryuoh was beneath
> Ryoohki, I guess this caused you to think of how when they were crashing to
> earth, Ryoohki "pinned down" Ryuoh beneath her.  Think carefully now--Where
> was Ryuoh when Ryoohki was used to attack Kagato?  It had to be right
> beneath Ryoohki, because Tenchi transported to it and used its Light Hawk
> Wings to attack Kagato.  If the Ryuoh was still in the lake, and not right
> beneath Ryoohki, it would be pointless for Tenchi to go to the bride of the
> Ryuoh.

Forgive me for butting in here, but didn't OVA 5 make it pretty
clear where the Ryuoh's remains (the main hull) were? We saw
it pulled out of the lake when Ryoohki transformed; there were
several scenes where the Ryuoh's hull could be seen within
Ryoohki's big ramming spike; and after Kagato's successful strike,
we saw that the ramming spike had been smashed off, and Ryuoh with
it.

(When Ryouko caused Ryooki to ram Souja in OVA 6, she did it
upside-down - dome first instead of spike first. I don't think
our cabbit was designed to be used that way, but it appeared
to work.)

As to why Ryoohki absorbed the remains of Ryuoh, I believe Washuu
said (in OVA 6) something along the lines of "I don't think that
spaceship is complete yet", presumably Ryoohki needed the Ryuoh
to make herself spaceworthy at that time.

Just a little surprised that there was any question in the matter.

         Bob.

--
| Bob Cannard, your friendly local |  Yuggoth Mining Corporation   |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs