Re: Tenchi Music question...

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from ktoh@td2cad.intel.com
subject Re: Tenchi Music question...
date Tue, 12 Sep 95 11:19:24 PDT
"Giac V. Nguyen" <gvnguyen@saomai.org> wrote:

> 	I'm currently a student studying Japanese, and I was listening to
> the Tenchi Muyo! soundtracks when a question occured to me:
>
> 	From the 3rd Tenchi CD, which has "Boku wa Motto PAIONIA" [I am a
> Pioneer], the beginning theme to the 2nd series, Sasami sings the tune.
> My question is why she uses the term "boku". To my understanding, "boku"
> is used by males when they refer to themselves. Why does Sasami use that
> term, instead of "watashi"?

"Boku" and "Ore" are male-oriented terms, but are sometimes used by
women in everyday speech - this is more common in the younger generation,
or so I am told.

--
Kenny Toh, ktoh@td2cad.intel.com
The biggest Kotono Mitsuishi fan in the west!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs