Re: [noise] manga artist

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Junji <ji204@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
subject Re: [noise] manga artist
date Thu, 1 Jan 1998 13:41:37 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 31 Dec 1997, NICK HOFF wrote:

>    As long as we're on the subject on finding carrers... I was
>wondering... How does one become a manga artist? Speaking modestly I am
>a bit rusty, but I think I can sharpen up.

 In Japan, this is how people usually become manga artists.

 1.Draw a manga(on any paper with any pen)
 2.Send it to a publisher of a manga magazine(usually to the publisher
   of your favourite manga magazine)
 3.People there will look at your work
 4.They will give comments on your manga.They also advise you on how
   to improve your manga skill.
 5-1.If your work manages to impress them,then they will arange a
     meeting with you for your career as a manga artist.  (end.)
 5-2 If your work fails to impress them,go back to step 1
     and try drawing better manga this time.

 Junji -ji204@cam.ac.uk
       -member of Tenchi Muyo!ML and #SAS#-
       -Chief Librarian of (virtual) Jurai Royal Library at-
       -      www.bekkoame.or.jp/~inabake/tenchi.html      -

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited