Re: New Tenchi Web page

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Derek (Lanzer) Liu" <lanzer@mindlink.net>
subject Re: New Tenchi Web page
date Tue, 9 Jul 96 10:02 PDT
At 05:20 AM 7/9/96 -0400, Brian (Sage) wrote:

>Ok, well.  As for this page there is nothing "wrong" with it, but there are
>still some problems. Your HTML programing is so bad.

        So is mine when I first got started, but I got my share of compliments
not because my 4 days worth of HTML programming was good, but because of the
layout and content of the page.  No matter what you use, if you can deliver the
layout and contents that you want, you've achieved your goal.  Too bad if it
takes a few extra bytes to do it.

        It's a function to hint that you should spend your time studying.
Visit the Netscape "how to create web pages" site and you'll know that it's
a function to display preformatted text.

>What does it do? Also, use <STRONG></STRONG>, not <B></B>.  Another thing
>you should do is add HEIGHT & WIDTH atributes to your pictures.

        I'd much rather use bold.  I don't want some people to see the
strong text as red.  If you're telling someone to do something, try stating
reasons to back up your points so that the reader actually see a reason as
to why he/she should do what's told.  Much like creating a web page, message
writing also require a high level of experience and common sense.  I
strongly suggest you to take a good hour or two reading about information
on ettiquette on message writing.  You'll see what you've been missing then.
One of the first files I read was "Zen and the art of Internet" (forgot
exact title, it was 3 years ago. :), and it definitely taught me the essentials.

>On the subject of pictures, your scans are so bad!

        Your writing skills are so bad!  (Now how does that feel? :)
Anyways, yes, though the images in the web page is to the point, they
can afford cleaner and chrisper scans.  Feel free to go through FTP sites
to find materials.  Bradley, if you wish to re-size an image, make sure
it's still in JPEG format, not GIF format when you do so.  Otherwise,
find a good shareware program like Thumb Plus to do conversions and
constantly compare results with other shareware.  You don't need a 500
dollar software to produce good results.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs