Re: Anime Expo - "Tenchi Muyo In Love"

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Brian 'Seiji' Friday" <briafrid@LaSierra.edu>
subject Re: Anime Expo - "Tenchi Muyo In Love"
date Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, John A. Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Donna Hutt-Stapfer wrote:
>
> > After the 35mm print didn't arrive, arrived in pieces with part of the sound
> > missing, we were treated to a regular VHS dub projected onto two screens in
> > the video rooms in a simulcast (the two screens connected with a cable).
>
> Actually, it was SVHS I believe.
>
> > Also, it would have been more appropriate to have shown a sub, with the
> > Japanese voice-cast on site as guests, but that print got lost, remember?
>
> Well, they had it on Sunday.  I saw both.  Megumi Hayashibara does the
> Japanese voice of Atchika and I thought she did a great job.

Speaking as someone who was on Vtech staff this year.

(you may remember me as the person who was carrying a radio and running
like mad before the tenchi preimere through the hall ways...)

I am pretty much disappointed with the attitude Donna is exhibiting.

There were some problems with scheduling but on the whole this con went
off really well on the Video Tech side.

Tenchi Muyo the movie was a incredible thing to watch either dubbed or
subbed.

We did announce the fact that it would be dubbed saturday.  And frankly
seeing this dub I would rate it better that the dubs of el hazard.  It
was nothing near the mediocore dubbing found in the OVA series.

I wish we could have shown it in the film room but then again if you saw
memories subtitled friday night at con you would have noticed there were
some problems with crowd control....

Also while the sound would have been the same the simulcast rooms with
there enclosed space really worked well for the THX (audience is now
DEAF) sound....

BTW the print for the Tenchi Movie in sub never got lost....It was
delievered to the Head of Tech sunday morning by pioneer themselves.
This was shown on sunday because Pioneer wanted the Dub to be shown first.

I didn't see the Tenchi Movie subbed because I was covering rooms for
those Tech/Staff who didn't get a chance to see it the first time.

One point for you all to take into consideration for dealing in the
future with staffers like me and others is that we miss 90% of all goings
on at the con because of having to work at the con.

I am glad all enjoyed it.  I know I was one of the loudest screaming when
Ai-chan said "ne, tenchi...tenchi..."

			@_@

Brian
AX96 Video tech

i could be best described as a medium height man, who at con usually
carried a radio and had really long hair.  Also I was constantly running
before the Tenchi movie saturday down the main hall to video theater 1.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs