Re: [noisy] Black Hole (was Re: Washu, Tsunami, and Tokimi)

from Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net>
subject Re: [noisy] Black Hole (was Re: Washu, Tsunami, and Tokimi)
date Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:08:15 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 WJohn88625@aol.com wrote:
> My guess is that if you are moving at the speed of light observing or
> watching stuff would be very difficult.  You would probably just be seeing
> flashes.

You wouldnt have time to see much of anything. Atomic particles floating
in space would (relative to you) be cosmic rays. In relatively short order
youd be fried.

> It would probably look like your tripping out or something (I wouldn't
> know though cause I have never taken drugs).

To say the least. Assuming you survive the lethal onslaught of cosmic
rays and avoid being fried, the visible spectrum would be so severely
shifted that not much would be recognizable. Radio waves and infra-red
would shift into the visible spectrum, and much of the visible spectrum
would shift into the ultraviolet and beyond.

-Dan

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited