[noisy] Black Hole (was Re: Washu, Tsunami, and Tokimi)

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Animantoric (Jeremy)" <animantoric@geocities.com>
subject [noisy] Black Hole (was Re: Washu, Tsunami, and Tokimi)
date Tue, 02 Dec 1997 20:28:59
At 10:23 PM 12/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Damn. This was on Jeporady last night. I'm probably stupid but, black
>holes are created when a star explodes. After the super nova of light, a
>rip in the fabric of space is created from the expulshion of ligt that
>sucks in light to balance the fabric out again. Of course, I may be
>stupid. Don't be afraid to tell me if I am.

Yer stupid ;)  (hey, you asked fer it)

Current black hole theory accepted by most people:
A star becomes so dense that it falls in upon itself, like a collapse.  As
the start collapses it's gravitational field gets stronger.  When this
collapse gets past the "Schwartzchild radius", the gravity is so strong
that the escape velocity becomes the speed of light, therefore even light
don't get out once it's sucked in.  Theoretically, if you could orbit a
black hole at the Schwartzchild radius, you could watch the universe run
its course.  This can happen 'cause of relativity--you will be moving at
the speed of light therefore outsider's observation of your "time" will
show that it isn't moving and you will think that everything is speeding by
really quickly.

The Animantoric...
	Anime crazy!
		Tenchi Muyo!
			Long live Ryoko!
"Is that a sign of affection, or do you just not
  like me?"-Kagato
Visit my page at: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Temple/2366

Search field Search string

archive list