Re: New Dragon, New OAV?

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ben Lang <blang@sparklink.com>
subject Re: New Dragon, New OAV?
date Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:35:28 -0600

>>there
>>Tsunami
>> >>

>ARGH! Must have this translated!!! Ok, two things... Jeez All three
>OVA episodes.... Second, did they say "OAV" or "OVA?" Next Thing, they
>may just be announcing that the next movie is OVA. But if they plan
>on giving Ryouko all three gems in the next movie, they are going
>to fall in the same pitfall they fell into with Manatsu where they
>try to rush way too much storyline in a short period of time. However,
>I have now heard from two seperate people from Japan that the next
>movie is indeed OVA, and beyond that, it supposed to have a "shock" ending
>with a huge suprise in it.

OK It's OVA. Ryoko looks like one of the goddess's in the picture.

>The Plot line may be something along the lines of "Achika isn't
>dead" and Tenchi and Crew leave to retrive her, _FROM_ TOKIMI.

Hehehe I can see that :)

>BTW, there is a very good chance that this movie, and OVA series
>will have a _huge_ budget. AIC has been looking at doing a series
>to rival Escaflowne and EVA as a "signature" work.

Good luck doing that with Tenchi. I like Tenchi but it's no where near as
amazing as Escaflowne or EVA. Money alone does not make a series (although
it does help) Tenchi is too...(god I'm going to get flamed for
this)...flakey for that level of excelence. Face it Tenchi is a comedy.
Comedys don't usually inspire people the way that drama's like Eva and Esca
do. And if they try to make Tenchi into a drama it'll ruin the feel that
makes tenchi so special. This is all my opinion of course.
Ben

Ben Lang                          = Once more into the breach my dear friends
langbenj@pilot.msu.edu            =  Once more
langbenj@cps.msu.edu              =
cstore9@pilot.msu.edu             = Cry Havok and let loose the dogs of war
                                  =
http://www.cps.msu.edu/~langbenj  =  My honor is my life
Highlander Players Listing        =  -Sturm Brightblade
http://www.cps.msu.edu/~langbenj/highlander.html

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited