Re: Anime News and Rumors update.

to <tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from Stephen <acidbase@primary.net>
subject Re: Anime News and Rumors update.
date Wed, 1 Oct 97 01:53:37 -0600
On 7/26/97 6:35 PM, Tenchiken wrote:

>Weither or not Mayuka will be peremenent is unknown.
>It's probibly a fair bet Kiyonne won't be.

I was beginning to really like Kiyonne in Tenchi - In Love.  It'll be sad
to see her go.

>the new movie may be a prequel to the OVA series, delving into
>the death of Achika.

This will be too cool.  Achika's a babe (for those feminist on the ML, I
meant that as a compliment). ^_^

>The other rumour is that AIC is really going overboard
>with the "Dark Tenchi mood" that appears to a minimal degree
>in Shin Tenchi, and too a much greater degree in Manatsu no Eve,
>the view is that Photon will be taking the place of the
>"wacky space comedy" series from Pioneer, and the new "flagship
>series) freeing up Tenchi to experement.

This might be a good thing because a change in scenery never hurts, only
if it's well done...Manatsu no Eve!!!  I can't wait!

>This is going to make the novel stuff fun, I think we can
>safely assume that the novelizations of the OVA series are
>cannon, the 101, and the Souran, and the "True Tenchi" books.

I hope they'll have/allow translations for these books.  I hope the price
won't be for the rich and famous, though.  If it is, I wouldn't mind
standing on an intersection with a sign saying, "Will work for anything
Tenchi!"

>In the worst case secret catagory, the AMG movie was finnaly
>confirmed.

Another wonderful news.  Too bad I won't be able to see the official
release for like 3 or 4 yrs? (-_-)

Acid Tenchi, The Illusions Weaver
acidbase@primary.net

Search field Search string