Re: Help me with HTML

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Help me with HTML
date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:40:08 +0200 (METDST)
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Fredrik Lundgren wrote:

> I always try and create me pages with pure JAVA codes.
>
> HTML sucks!!!!

No, HTML rules. It`s sufficient for most of the things you want to do.
It`s easy to learn and doesn`t pose security risks.

> As a langauge it's pretty usless. You can't do anything with it.
> Usually I find that the best pages uses JAVA, or at least JAVA script.

I have seen not ONE SINGLE really good page on the WWW that could not have
been created without Java AND Javascript. In fact most of my favourite
pages use neither.

> Of course it takes longer to learn JAVA, it's a REAL language.
> Which HTML certainly is NOT!!!!!!

One of the grat things about HTML IS that it`s easy to learn. Almost
anyone can produce results within a relatively short time.

> Basically what I'm trying to say is:
>
> Pure JAVA rules!!!!
> JAVA script is a great way to make a page a little more fun.
> HTML is usually boring, but there are exceptions.

Java is just a programming language. Whether it`s fun depends on what you
do with it. In any case it takes a LOT more time than HTML to produce
results. IMO it`s generally not worth the bother.

What counts is the CONTENT of a page.

Or to put it differently, there will never be any kind of programming or
page description language with which it will not be infinitely easy to
creat wrong, ugly or boring results.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list