Re: El-Hazard Conclusion

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from kyburg@cyberg8t.com (Donna Hutt-Stapfer)
subject Re: El-Hazard Conclusion
date Sat, 1 Jun 1996 20:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
>On Sat, 1 Jun 1996 deckerd@agcs.com wrote:
>
>> Having now seen Princess Fatora on stage and getting a taste of
>> her personality...I'd suggest changing her into a boy and sending
>> her to Earth just to learn humility! I certainly wasn't expecting
>> her to turn out to be such an unlikable sort.

-snip-

First off, I have to admit - I replayed the last five minutes of that show
three times after I saw it the first time.  *sigh*  I DO love a happy ending!

And I remember thinking about episode three "I sure hope Fatora is still
alive...I hope they didn't kill her off..."  Sheesh!  Did I feel stupid!  I
think that was one of the best laughs they got off on us - naturally, we all
thought Fatora was going to be someone we would like...Rune obviously cared
deeply for her and Rune was no dummy and reasonably on the right side of the
"royal" act - but her sister!  Poor little Oora - thankfully Makoto just
picked her up and took her with him - I wouldn't have let her touch the poor
animal, let alone let her abuse her that way.  What a twit.

And Allielle finds her so attractive.  Foo.

I've been thinking about this relationship Makoto has with Ifurita -
obviously a lifebond - but how does one explain this to the neighbors?
"Yeah, she's a piece of ancient El-Hazard machinery, but isn't she great?!"
If she can last 10,000 years and still look that good, will she ever age?
What happens when Makoto is no longer a high school student?

After watching four and five, I even went back and replayed one to get a
good look at Ifurita - what an artwork job!  She looks totally different
from when Makoto finds her in the basement and when he finds her again on
the island.  But she's the same - only the expression is different.
Incredible piece of work.

My favorite line?  "Gee, Groucho are we the only ones left?  What a bummer."
                       "Horn Broken -- Watch for Finger"
                              Donna Hutt-Stapfer
                     "kyburg@cyberg8t.com * kyburg@aol.com
    Anime/Manga Nut - Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, Oh My Goddess, Patlabor...
"There's a Cure - We'll Find It" - Juvenile Diabetes Foundation 800-296-8788

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs