Re: Ayeka or Ryoko

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: Ayeka or Ryoko
date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:20:48 +0200 (METDST)
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Fredrik Lundgren wrote:

> For starters Ryoko tried to kill Tenchi in episode one. Although she
> says in episode five that she had know Tenchi since he was very tiny
> and thought that he was a real qute.

Ryoko DID NOT TRY AT ALL to kill Tenchi!! If she had been serious he
would have been deat within seconds. I mean she was flying along him
and taunting him while he ran away!

> Ryoko tried to kill Ayeka in part ywo even though Tenchi asked her
> to stop. The only thing that saved them was Ayeka ordering her ship
> to blow the exterior walls.

Ryoko was on the ship too, wasn`t she? So she obviously did NOT really
intend to kill everyone. She KNEW Aeka would have to do that.

> But then suddenly in episode four they both seem very interested in
> him. In this episode you also get a hint that Tenchi is in love with
> Ayeka when they look at eachother and everything else seems to fade
> away. To me that sure looks like something in that direction.

Not really. That overplayed romantic scene that actually served
mainly comical purposes (remember what happened afterwards...)

> Ryoko then acts very irresponsible when summoning the demon
> without thinking of the fact that she can't control it. Then she tells =

Careless, yes. Irresponsible? No.

> Here is also a small hint that Tsunami have feelings for Tenchi (it least
> I think it does).

I think it doesn`t but it really is a matter of interpretation.

> In episode seven both of them act REALLY irresponsible when they
> use his fathers collection of Shojo Manga to get ideas on how to get
> Tenchis love.

What the hell is irresponsible about that???

> Then I sure get the impression that Ryoko is mostly after sex while Ayeka=
>  is after a more deeper relationship.
> Quote:
> "Okay, the I'll go first".

WHAT do you think suggests Ryoko is "mostly after sex" ??? She loves
Tenchi with every fibre of her being and of course she also wants to have
sex, so what`s so bad about it?
Actually Aeka wants the same, she`s just to stuck up to admit it.

> In episode eight both of them tries to impress Tenchi with taking care =
>
> of  Taro. But I must say that on this front Ryoko fails miserably while
> Ayeka almost seem to know a few things about babies.

Yeah, like throwing them around and stuff. IS there anything really
helpful Aeka does?

> The winner clearly shows to be Washu, with Mihoshi in second place.
> Okay, she did have some funny ideas about how to put on a diaper,
> but she didn't try and kill him, feed him unmixed formula, throw him
> around or suffocate him. The only thing that Ryoko seemed to do right

If you really think Ryoko tried to kill Taro, YOU should be shot!
She just didn`t KNOW how to do things properly. And AEKA was to one
who threw away Taro.

> In the Galaxy Police Mihoshi special, Tenchi seems uniterested in
> Ryoko but atleast a little interested in Ayeka.

That one doesn`t have ANY meaning AT ALL since it is a story told by
Mihoshi and warped very badly.

> In episode ten Ryoko seems very uniterested when the masses
> escapes and tries to kill Tenchi, she just wants to shoot parts of her
> eraser at Ayeka while Ayeka really shows to be intelligent and very
> concerned about finding the masses.

What about Ryoko getting hurt badly two times while TRYING TO SAVE
TENCHI ???

> In episode eleven you really can't count on anything that Ryoko does
> scince it's not Ryoko but Zero, who has taken over her body in order
> to get to Washu, but she does calls out for Tenchi when she in caught.

The point is, Zero`s emotions ARE thos of Ryoko. She only is a bit more
open about them. And afterwards they are merged. So yes, EVERYTHING Zero
does and says counts!

All of this clearly proves my point:

There is no future for Tenchi without Ryoko! Maybe Aeka too, but that`s
it.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
        Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.
   A Homepage for Elektra: http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~borgward/
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list