Re: Tenchi matchups...!

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Tenchi matchups...!
date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:32:39 -0700
At 03:22 PM 7/30/97 -0700, Jonathan W Lee wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:40:43 -0700 "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
>writes:
>>At 09:08 PM 7/30/97 +0930, The New Reb wrote:
>>>Ryouko vs. Kuwabara (Yuu Yuu Hakushou)
>>>energy blades only - of course Kuwabara will lose he always does.
>>Given his skills, I doubt Kuwabara can take on Ryouko..  In terms of
>>power--I guess he's strong enough to be a close match....
>Kuwabara?  Power!?  Not enough to take on Ryoko, unless he can get a cut
>in with his sword.  If his sword can cut through dimensions, shoudn't it
>be enough to take out Ryoko?  But with regards to his power....he's a
>wimp.  Sure, he can take a lot of hits, but all Ryoko's gotta do is stay
>about 50 meters away, and start blasting him to hell.  Everytime he gets
>close, she can just teleport somewhere else.  Kuwabara's nowhere near a
>match for Ryoko.

Keep in mind the conditions mentioned--"Energy blades only"

That's what I've kept in mind as I typed the reply.  Considering that his
sword *could* cut through dimensional seals and stuff like that (even
though he can't get it out all the time), and the fact that his power, like
the rest of the gang, did get a boost when they found out Yuusuke was
alive, the strength of his power should be close to Ryouko's.  And unlike
Ryouko's light saber-like energy sword, which apparently has just that one
shape, Kuwabara can change the shape and length of his sword at will..
These give him some advantages over Ryouko.

However, like I said, Kuwabara's skills aren't so great, even if he can
change his Reiken to whatever he needs.. and cut through dimensions.  He'd
be lucky to land a hit on Ryouko.

Conclusion:  Kuwabara may have enough power to try to take on Ryouko, but
all the power in the world means zilch if he doesn't have enough skills to
land a hit.

--
Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
      Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs