Re: Tenchi matchups...

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Hunter <starstrike@geocities.com>
subject Re: Tenchi matchups...
date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:13:39 -0500
Dr. Briefs wrote:

> At 10:56 AM 7/30/97 +0200, Brazil wrote:
> >On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Jonathan W Lee wrote:
> >>    Ryoko and Aeka will probably go and try to protect Tenchi,
> getting
> >>themselves killed, while everybody else is       helpless to do
> anything
> >>about it.  When Tsunami is in space, though, she could just pick off
> the
> >>Dragon Ball Z cast,     considering she's more or less invincible.
> So
> >>the rest of the Dragonball Z team gets toasted, Tsunami wins.  The
> >>end.
> >No, i think what happens would be very similar to OVA 12 with Tenchi
> using
> >the LHW to protect everyone.
>
> Then comes the question:  Is Tenchi's LHWs powerful enough to protect
> them?
>  If you knew the sheer magnitude of power the DBZ characters are
> wielding
> by the time of the Buu storyline, you'll know that this isn't an easy
> question to answer..  On the one hand, the DBZ characters have power
> that
> are at least several orders of magnitude of power higher than what's
> ever
> been seen in the Tenchi universe, on the other, LHWs supposedly can
> absorb
> ANY energy can convert it into non-harmful ones...
>
> Conclusion:  We don't have sufficient data to determine if 3 LHWs (or
> even
> 10) can convert such a massive energy into non-harmful ones, but even
> if
> they could, there's still hand-to-hand combat to worry about, plus
> since
> LHWs are not designed to be offensive, Tenchi would not be able to
> cause
> any harm towards the DBZ characters, so at the very least, it'll come
> to a
> draw.
>
> --
> Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
>       Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#
> *****************
> "Once there was true love in front of me, but I didn't know to
> treasure
>  it, now all I have is remorse; such a thing is one of the greatest
>  tragedies in life.  If I could go back and redo it all, I would tell
>  her I love her.  If I am forced to place a time limit for this love,
>  wish for it to be--Ten thousand years."           -The New Monkey
> King

  Please try to remember that Tenchi's three LHW defended him from a
rather LARGE blackhole...
(And, citing Stephen Hawking's and Einstein's Theories, that it a LARGE
black hole, most are size of Baseball, basket ball.)
Also note that Tenchi was caught in the CENTER, the singularity, and not
in the event horizon.  LHW are very powerful...

--
Hunter
aka

"Im not a nice person anymore"