Re: Strange Luck

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ben Lang <blang@sparklink.com>
subject Re: Strange Luck
date Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:59:46 -0600
>At 02:30 AM 7/1/97 -0400, WJohn88625@aol.com wrote:
>>I was just think about that dead but pretty cool show Strange Luck.  Anyone
>>remeber that show?  And I was thinking about TM at the same time.  The show
>>was about Chance Harper who always relied on his luck.  He had an extra
>>ordinary amount of good luck.  But he had an extra ordinary amount of good
>>luck to.  Doesn't that sound like Mihoshi?    So then I was thinking what if
>>the gave Mihoshi her own show like that.  Her luck is like that already.
>> That would be pretty cool so could someone suggest that AIC or Pioneer or
>>somthing?  If it hasn't already been suggested.
>
>Well, as long as we're talking about this show, I might as well give a
>little bit of information about it, too, what with "Strange Luck" being one
>of the promising new series that I really liked but was pulled off the air..
>
>The major reason "Strange Luck" stopped airing was because its star, D.B.
>Sweeny, had to fullfil other obligations, and was not able to finish later
>seasons of the show..  As far as the stories went, it was clear that it had
>a certain amount of pre-planning, with the later episodes having Chance
>finding his brother, finding out that his real father also had similar kind
>of luck he does, and a possible tie-in to "The X-Files" ("...talk to an FBI
>agent I trust.  His name is--Mulder." -Chance Harper's brother).  It is
>indeed too bad that the show couldn't be continued.

Strange luck indeed was a great show. I was really hoping they'd continue
it and not that STUPID Sliders show that replaced it :( I was very
intriguiged by the premise. And the plot was just developing into something
VERY interesting. I loved the tie in w/ X-Files because it actually made
sense. They were very similar shows.

>It does seem very similar to Mihoshi, as many of us also suspect that her
>incredible luck in the OVA series is not just coincidence, but perhaps
>something more hereditary.  But would a show based just on the exploits of
>Galaxy Police Detective First Class Mihoshi---I don't know..  Somehow it
>just seems that the formula would get old after a while.  With the
>animation teams already working on the TV series, plus older fans still
>waiting for the continuation of the OVA series, would AIC/Pioneer really
>have the time and energy to work on such a new series?

Never happen. AIC/Pioneer shows little or no intrest in developing the
character above what she was in the OAV (let alone what she was in TV). Do
you think they'd take money away from Photon, Vampire Princess Miyu TV, or
Bubblegum Crisis TV to make it? Doubtfull. The fact that it would be Tenchi
related would give it a slight chance of happening though. It'd be more
likely that we'd see a series chronicling Ryoko as a space pirate. That'd
be interesting.
Ben

>--
>Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
>      Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#
>"Once there was true love in front of me, but I didn't know to treasure
> it, now all I have is remorse; such a thing is one of the greatest
> tragedies in life.  If I could go back and redo it all, I would tell
> her I love her.  If I am forced to place a time limit for this love, I
> wish for it to be--Ten thousand years."           -The New Monkey King

Ben Lang   blang@sparklink.com   Multimedia Artist
My Homepages
http://www.cps.msu.edu/~langbenj/
Shin Tenchi Muyo Homepage
http://www.acm.cps.msu.edu/~langbenj/tenchi

"Some people want to achieve immortality through their works or their
descendants.  I prefer to achieve immortality by not dying."  -Woody Allen

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs