Re: Strange Luck

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Strange Luck
date Tue, 01 Jul 1997 00:44:23 -0700
At 02:30 AM 7/1/97 -0400, WJohn88625@aol.com wrote:
>I was just think about that dead but pretty cool show Strange Luck.  Anyone
>remeber that show?  And I was thinking about TM at the same time.  The show
>was about Chance Harper who always relied on his luck.  He had an extra
>ordinary amount of good luck.  But he had an extra ordinary amount of good
>luck to.  Doesn't that sound like Mihoshi?    So then I was thinking what if
>the gave Mihoshi her own show like that.  Her luck is like that already.
> That would be pretty cool so could someone suggest that AIC or Pioneer or
>somthing?  If it hasn't already been suggested.

Well, as long as we're talking about this show, I might as well give a
little bit of information about it, too, what with "Strange Luck" being one
of the promising new series that I really liked but was pulled off the air..

The major reason "Strange Luck" stopped airing was because its star, D.B.
Sweeny, had to fullfil other obligations, and was not able to finish later
seasons of the show..  As far as the stories went, it was clear that it had
a certain amount of pre-planning, with the later episodes having Chance
finding his brother, finding out that his real father also had similar kind
of luck he does, and a possible tie-in to "The X-Files" ("...talk to an FBI
agent I trust.  His name is--Mulder." -Chance Harper's brother).  It is
indeed too bad that the show couldn't be continued.

It does seem very similar to Mihoshi, as many of us also suspect that her
incredible luck in the OVA series is not just coincidence, but perhaps
something more hereditary.  But would a show based just on the exploits of
Galaxy Police Detective First Class Mihoshi---I don't know..  Somehow it
just seems that the formula would get old after a while.  With the
animation teams already working on the TV series, plus older fans still
waiting for the continuation of the OVA series, would AIC/Pioneer really
have the time and energy to work on such a new series?

--
Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
      Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs