Re: name query

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: name query
date Tue, 02 Apr 1996 19:15:57 -0800
At 09:45 PM 4/2/96 -0500, iac <iac@tangle.org> wrote:
>Does anyone know what the characters in the name "Hakubi Washuu" mean? I
>recognize the last character "U" as meaning "wing," but that's about it.

Looking up my dictionary (the first kanji of "Washuu" is not a very common
kanji)...

The first kanji in "Washuu" is defined as such:

Noun. A type of bird with hooked beak, short legs, and hooked claws.  Lives
in the mountains and preys on rabbits and lambs for food.  Also know as
"vultures."

So that would make "Washuu" "Vulture feather."

I haven't seen the kanji for her last name...

--
Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, #SAS# member--Real men appreciate Sasami.
"I want peace on earth, and good-will toward men."

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs