Re: Tenchi Questions

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kirati Laisathit <kirati@u.washington.edu>
subject Re: Tenchi Questions
date Tue, 1 Aug 1995 11:02:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> Kirati> Why would Kagato be after Tenchi-ken?
>
> [First reason deleted]
>
> Two, Tenchi-ken is a "master" key. Most members of the Jyurai royal
> family have keys tuned to their respective ships, fashioned from the
> branches of the tree at the heart of those ships.; Tenchi-ken is a key
> to *all* of them, having been made from *the* tree from which all others
> are descended, Tsunami. In the hands of someone who knows how,
> Tenchi-ken can completely neutralize the Jyuraian space fleet.

OK, that sounds reasonable. But why would Tenchi-ken be *the* master key
in the first place. Although I admit that the argument explains what
Kagato said just before he disintegrated. Nevertheless, I am under the
impression that Tenchi-ken is the key to Funaho. Funaho is not the first
generation tree, whereas Tsunami is. Since Sasami controls Tsunami who
is the first generation tree, shouldn't the master key lies in the hand
of Sasami?

Later...

K I R A T I   L A I S A T H I T                    kirati@u.washington.edu

Search field Search string