Re: King's own (Was Tenchi's death)

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Federico Talens Alesson <talens@angel.qui.ub.es>
subject Re: King's own (Was Tenchi's death)
date Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:34:23 +0100 (WET DST)
Daniel Newhouse wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jun 1997 Animest@aol.com wrote:
> > that there is more than one master key.  In the series the tenchi-ken is
> > referred to as THE Master Key, yet in a lot of posts there seems to be a lot
> > of debate about this.  It does still bother me that Kagato referred to the
> > tenchi-ken as the "King's property".  This seems to infer that this master
> > key is one of a kind.
> >

> Oh, yea.  I find Kagato's statement about it being the king's property to
> be odd too, because it most definitely is not the king's property, it is
> Yosho's.

Maybe it is some kind of Excalibur: the key of the one who shall be king.
After all, Youshou was the heir apparent. And considering that the juraians
are strongly influenced by the space trees, Tenchi has (in a non-genealogic
view) a strong claim to be the next ruler.

This might explain the remark of Azusa at the end of OAV 13: "Tenchi!. Don't
you believe that I have given in completely!". If Aeka stays, the chances
she might join Tenchi are reasonably high, and then his claim to the throne
would be even stronger...

Fede

AEKA, BE GOOD!
Arrgghh... I WILL, MUM!