Re: Episode 6 synopsis

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from PsychoPixi@aol.com
subject Re: Episode 6 synopsis
date Mon, 2 Jun 1997 01:36:38 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-01 23:57:27 EDT, Tenchiken writes:

<< Yes it does, *Sigh* I have to get the synopsyses of 4-6 up on my web page,
as
 well as the new Manatsu no Eve info I just got. (Not to mention the really
 cool
 picture of Sakuya and Tenchi together in a phone booth).

That I'd like to see. ^_^

<< >Shin Tenchi Muyo
  >Episode 6

  Can I put this on my web page?

Sure, but let me clean it up a bit and correct some things, so you have as
good a copy as possible. I can probably get it to you tomorrow.

<< Hey Pixi, is what another poster said about there being an alternate
  continuity introduced in 7&8 true?

Yeah, it's true. ^_^;;

<< Tenchi is doing a bit of spring cleaning. At the beginning, his apartment
is
  a mess (looks frightenly like my place does every once in a while ^_^;;).=
  But he collects all the magazines and ties them together in stacks, fills
up
  several trash bags, washes a HUGE pile of dishes (built up over the course
of
  several weeks no doubt), cleans the toilet, etc. When Tenchi is finished
  cleaning up, he then sits down to a nice satisfying cup of tea. That's when
  the phone rings, it's Sasami she sounds upset and cries "Save me!"

  Comments: Was he cleaning up because Sakuya was coming over?

No, he just does it because the place is a total wreck. ^_^

<<  >Tenchi puts the cover on his bed so Sasami can come through the warp
hole.
  >She comes through with Ryooki looking very upset. Apparently, all the
other
  >girls tried to take the 17,534 yen she made by entertaining with Ryooki.
They
  >all snuck into her room at the same time, but separately. It was pitch
dark
  >and they couldnt see each other. They try to grab Sasami's piggy bank
(which
  >looks like a miniature Guardian). But just as they all reach for it at the
  >same time, the moon comes out from behind the clouds. They all see each
other
  >and cry out. Sasami then wakes up in astonishment. Everyone begs her to
lend
  >them money. Sasami panicked and that=92s when she ran away. Tenchi knows

  how
  >the others can be but tells Sasami she can't very well stay with him,
after
  >all, he has to go to school the next day and everything.  He asks what she
is
  >going to do. Sasami decides to spend the money.

  Hmm, Interesting. Boy, Shin Tenchi really dosen't pull any punches with
it's
  continued villification of Aeka and Ryouko (I assume Mihoshi and Kiyonne
are
  not in here, and I would be suprised if Washu is).

When I say all the girls, I mean all: Ryouko, Aeka, Mihoshi, Kiyone *and*
Washu.

<< >Tenchi and Sasami are walking around town shopping. She considers buying
some
 >fancy looking chocolates. Ryooki spots what she thinks is a cart full of
 >carrots and dives for them, but they aren't real and fall all over the
place.
 >Tenchi and Sasami laugh at Ryooki. Tenchi tells Sasami that it's like
they're

 And Tenchi made this comment without Blushing?

As far as I can recall, yes.

<< This is something that IMHO, Shin Tenchi has been doing better then the
 OVA's or
 TenchiTV (But not TMiL), mixing commedy with serious plot line.

The comedy is one of my favorite things about this series! ^_^

<<  >In the courtyard, we see Tenchi startled by something Sakuya has just
said.
  >Sakuya is looking down at her feet. The shot pulls back and we see Tenchi
say
  >something to Sakuya but we can=92t hear what is said. Sakuya then runs
  away and
  >Tenchi looks upset.

  No Sound for this part, dramatic showcasing? Do both Sasami and Yuugi see
  this?
  Foreshadowing for the entire series?

Being unable to hear what is being said is definitely for dramatic
showcasing. No, Sasami and Yuugi are still in the store, they switch scenes
to the courtyard where Tenchi and Sakuya are, which is around the corner from
the store. Foreshadowing, I don't know, but it definitely re-illustrates
Yuugi's goal of pairing Tenchi and Sakuya.

<< >Tenchi then runs up, saying how worried he had been. Sasami introduces
Tenchi
 >to her new friend, Yuugi. Yuugi then presents Sasami with the music box,
 >whole and in one piece. Sasami is surprised but pleased, she says she was
 >certain it had broken. The music box starts playing. Yuugi says that music
 >boxes are sad. However happy a song a music box might play, eventually, the
 >time when it must stop always comes.

 Oh, first foreshadowing of the impending doom, and it is given to Sasami?

Yup.

<< Tenchi looks at the music box, listening to the music and remembers his
 conversation with Sakuya. She asked him to go steady with her. He tells her
 >he isn't in a position to do that right now and that he's sorry So it's no
 >I guess", she says. He cries out "No! It's just ," but Sakuya is already
 >running away crying.

 Gentlemen, we are off to the races.......
 If Yuugi is manipulating Tenchi, she is being far more subtle about it here.

I'd say that all the things Yuugi is doing are definitely aimed at
manipulating Tenchi.

<< >
 >Meanwhile, at the house, everyone is dying of hunger (or acting like they=
 >are ^_^). Ryoko calls our for Sasami and then everyone says, "Please come
 back!"

 Hmm, I wonder how long and permenent this breakup between Tenchi and Sakuya
 is, at least 2 episodes, and when Tenchi does have another date, Ryouko
screws
 it up......

Not even one episode. Sakuya doesn't give up that easily. ^_^ Though it seems
like she almost ready to by the end of episode 8. I won't know until next
month where it goes from there. **Sigh**... I hate waiting.

<<  I love shin Tenchi

Me too. ^_^

Pixi

Search field Search string