Re: El-Hazard Stuf'

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from erics@jna.com.au
subject Re: El-Hazard Stuf'
date Tue, 5 Mar 1996 08:16:37 +1000 (EST)
> From: deckerd@agcs.com
> Subject: El-Hazard Stuf'

> This isn't quite relevant to a Tenchi Muyo ML, but
> since some of the same creative team were involved
> with El-Hazard, maybe this is as good a place as
> any. Apologies if I've strayed too far from the
> topic.

  Perhaps we should either:
1) Create an "El Hazard" ML
2) Lump Tenchi and El Hazard together.

  I would suggest (and only suggest) that we temporarily use Tenchi as
a minor El Hazard ML until enough interest can warrant a group and
secondly, a longer run of the series comes out. I wish I could see the
TV series... ;_;

  BTW - Those on the Megami ML have noticed that they sometimes talk
about Taiho Shichauzo once in a while since both were done by
Fujishima. Perhaps we could extend the same courtesy until a ML is
warranted and created.

> 1. The demon Ifurita. El-Hazard has an Arabian Nights
> set design. It also happens that an "afreet" or "efreet"
> is a demon in Arabic mythology. Pronounce it Japanese
> style and what do you get?

  'A Freezer' ... I don't get it... ^_^

  Dwight, I would agree with you there since I saw that pun
(intended or unintended) within the first few eps.

> The second problem is that Princess Fatora has now been shown
> existing contemporaneously with Makoto, though that could be
> resolved by the time-travel solution mentioned above.

  Quantum universes?!
  As long as they don't meet up, El Hazard will be okay. As soon as
they do, a massive matter/anti-matter explosion will ensue.... ^_^
  I would suggest that they are seperate identities. Perhaps twins,
with a slight time displacement! People can look similar, with a
striking resemblance. It's just 'highly unlikely' for that to occur.

> A third problem is that people from Earth develop special abilities
> when they come to El-Hazard. Makoto has now been shown to have a
> special ability, showing him to be an Earthperson, so he can't
> be an exile from El-Hazard. Right? Or so I thought until I took
> another look at the released episodes. Makoto's special ability
> is the same ability that Princess Fatora has been shown to have
> by the Phantom Race's analysis of her genes -- which ability has
> also been stated to be gender-specific, and only female members
> of the royal house have it. Maybe it's just a coincidence that
> Makoto's special ability happens to be the same as Fatora's, but
> at this point it could also be evidence for my theory.

  Well, Makoto and Fatora could be "related" by their looks and by
their talents. As you said, earthlings have a special ability.
Likewise, the two princesses have the ability to unlock the "Eye of
God". Perhaps Makotos ability and Fotoras ability are the same where
Fatora is genetically inherited while Makoto is his talent?
  I dunno. I've only seen it to OAV #5.

  I vote that El Hazard be the best OAV release for 96. (Well, first
quarter of 96 anyway! ^_^)

> After all this, somebody in Japan has probably seen the concluding
> episodes and could tell me I'm all wet and my reasoning is utterly
> bogus... And there are other possible outcomes (Makoto and Fatora
> are twin brother and sister? Makoto is a disguised female but
> Fatora's twin sister?)... Oh well, we'll know soon enough.

  Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Dwight.
  Pleaze! Pleaze! Pleeeeeeaaaaze!!!! ^_^

Saw eps #4 and #5. Nearly killed my friend when it ended on
#5. AAARRRRRGGGHHH!!! ^_^

--
--| Eric Shen |---| erics@jna.com.au |---| K.Soc 1993 |---|AMS,TM!R,KOR |---
| "You're watching too much anime and still don't have a girlfriend.       |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs