Re: Pretty Samy Special 2

to GenSao@aol.com
cc tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Daniel Newhouse <newhouse@phys.ufl.edu>
subject Re: Pretty Samy Special 2
date Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:54:25 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 GenSao@aol.com wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I just saw the Pretty Samy Special 2.
>
> It was funny...   51 Min long special...
>
> Did any one see it?
>
> If you did, you can agree with me that the bad guy, Biff Standard, was much
> like Bill Gates.  He ownes an American company with 95% control of the
> world's operating system.  The company name was Standardsoft (Microsoft)
> and is aimed at dominating the software industry with their OS for the
> PC.  Except for Japan (Of Course).

I had heard that the first Pretty Sammy special was gawdawful, but your
description has me intrigued.  Still, I find the horrible contortions done
to characters and storyline (I know some word of mouth info on what the
story is) rather blasphemous, it seems like a cheapening of Tenchi
to use it for satire.  Can you promise me that if I watch it I won't
regret it?

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited