Flattened QT...

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kuraiken <Falcon@the-rock.prestel.co.uk>
subject Flattened QT...
date Thu, 01 May 1997 01:49:40 +0100
Ryo-oh-ki wrote:

(snip)
>     Will this work?  If the QT files aren't flattened (if this is
>     the problem) for the PC side, there's a good chance that they
>     aren't flattened for Macs (but Macs don't care whether they are
>     flattened or not).  Besides, even if you could read the HFS with
>     Mac Opener or something, I don't know if there are any programs
>     on the Windoze side than is smart enough to deal with the dual
>     forks of unflattened QT files.  Is there such a beast?
>
> ___/^_^\___ Eugene Lee
>             zangief@netcom.com

Eugene-san, this is a bit off topic but I'm going to have to network
some Macs (which are used for graphics work) to an NT server (and some
clients) at the office sometime soon...I'm not familiar with Macs at
all...my question is, what is this flattened graphics thingy? What
exactly is being "flattened"? Would it cause problems if the Mac guys
shared graphic files with NT apps? If this explanation is too long
please email me privately, ne? Those Mac guys do some QT work...don't
ask me what...but we'll need to do some collaborative work
sometime...^^;;

Doumo in advance, ne.

Sore ja! ^^
--