Response to Mark's complaint

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kuraiken <Falcon@the-rock.prestel.co.uk>
subject Response to Mark's complaint
date Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:48:36 +0100
Mark David wrote:

> >Huh??
>
> ??? You mean to tell me you went through the trouble of replying to a
> message just so you can say 'Huh'???

(sigh)...I can see where this is heading...

> Was that the most advanced thought
> running through your head at that moment?

Yes, in fact, it was...you know what? You really should just CHILL OUT!
Look at that mail I replied to. It was not all that long. And I kept the
'body' of the previous mail in hopes that the person I was responding to
would know what I'm "huh??" ing about...you can see from the subject
"Odd Jobs" that it was probably drivel and if you had the sense to
complain, you could esily have deleted the mail without reading it! I
admit, the inclusion of Brazil-san sig was a bit unnecessary...for that
I apologise...but I do _not_ apologise for including/quoting and
replying with just "huh??" because it's all I needed to say to convey my
message. And FYI, I regularly snip/trim long messages.

> Jesus christ, I remember when this list used to be interesting. Now it's
> flooded with pap and twaddle.

So, leave. You're not obliged to stay.

> Let's talk about something interesting. If you can't muster the creativity
> to come up with something *interesting*, just don't say anything!

So talk! I don't see much 'interesting posts' coming from you,
personally...

> And if you just HAVE to let the list know how weak your conversational
> abilities are, learn how to respond properly for GOD'S sake; that means NO
> excess quoting. How goddamn hard is to get rid of the excess quotes at the
> bottom of your message? How difficult is it to NOT quote someone back 10
> generations?? Look at this message. Are there any needless quotes present
> anywhere? No. Have I left your sig intact at the bottom of this message?
> No. Have I quoted the entire thread all the way back to it's origin? No.

That's because for your particular 'message' it's irrelevent to quote
anything. You are, after all...merely complaining.

> Learn to post, folks. It's getting tedious.
>
> .-Mark David -- Super Genius!-----------.

Frankly, Mark...I'm tired of high handed people like you who _think_
they are better than others or more savvy or whatever...granted, this ML
does not stick to Tenchi all the time and at that, is not serious most
of the time...it's meant to be fun? Lighthearted? If you want
intelligent discussion only as, perhaps, befitting your "Super Genius"
status (or so you think) go someplace else.

I'd never thought I'd get posts like this in this ML...most people here
a civilised, tolerant, good natured and not so stuck up...

Ja!

ps: No, in case you're wondering, I'm not starting a flame war, merely
expressing my feelings on what, IMHO, was an unfair overzealous
exaggeration on Mark's part.

--
--------->Kuraiken<----------
-----------------------------