Re: Odd Jobs [noise]

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Rostislav V. Lyudmirsky" <hbcsc093@email.csun.edu>
subject Re: Odd Jobs [noise]
date Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Ikari Shinji wrote:

> Listen... if it's something that isn't exactly related to Tenchi, why not
> append the tag [noise] on the top?  It certainly helps for those who don't
> have time to read everything, to skip over this... and certainly it helps
> sort out messages with content and messages without content...

Hey, I think it's a great idea... why not create a categories, like
[tenchi], [noise], etc... Put it in the FAQ or on the subscription
announcement, and kick *repeating* offenders off the list...
Granted, in the beginning, it might be too bothersome for the list
maintainer to enforce this, but after a while, it will come into habbit
and the newbies would usually follow the _elders_. ^_-

Just a thought.
Rostislav V. Lyudmirsky                                  hbcsc093@csun.edu
                                                        slyudmir@jefco.com
                                                     rlyudmir@ecs.csun.edu
World Wide Web homepage:                     http://www.csun.edu/~hbcsc093
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened."
                 Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs