Re: More about Ryoko's jewels( 12&13 stuff)

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from zangief@netcom.com (Ryo-oh-ki)
subject Re: More about Ryoko's jewels( 12&13 stuff)
date Tue, 6 Feb 1996 23:44:43 -0800 (PST)
Kirati Laisathit said:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Gregory Wayne Matteson wrote:
>
> > Kagato discovered that Tenchi can't be copied.
> > Zero and Dr. Clay discovered that Ryoko can't be copied.
> >
> > Why? In Ryoko's case, because of the jewels.
>
> Now that you mention it. While the creation of jewel was never explained
> in the first series or even the second series until the very last
> episode, I recall seeing something about that in the 101 Facts. It was
> said that the jewel was created by the Jurai Tree. I could be wrong
> though. Could someone with access to the 101 Facts confirm this.

    The origin of the jewels are not explained in the text.  The closest
    answer follows the question, "What is the master key?":

        The sap of the trees often crystallizes into a jewel on its
	branch. If a good one if found, it is cut out together with the
	branch and carved into a key.  The partner of the Tree keeps it
	and nobody else can use it unless the partner wishes so.

    Extrapolating, perhaps Ryouko's jewels are perhaps the crytallized
    sap from Tsunami.  But this is just a pet speculation.  There are no
    jewels easily visible on either Aeka's or Sasami's keys.  And due to
    this lack of visual evidence, I'm unsure whether this answer relates
    to Ryouko's jewels versus "typical" jewels (whatever they may be).

___/^_^\___ Eugene Lee                                    Ryo-oh-ki Muyo! Tenchi
	    zangief@netcom.com                               The Memory of Trees

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited