Re: More about Ryoko's jewels( 12&13 stuff)

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Tomar" <tomar@helser14.res.iastate.edu>
subject Re: More about Ryoko's jewels( 12&13 stuff)
date Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:40:03 +0000
> From:          matteson@ccnet.com (Gregory Wayne Matteson)
> Subject:       More about Ryoko's jewels( 12&13 stuff)

> WARNING: This is 12&13 stuff. If you havn't seen them, you might not want to
> read.

Spoilers ahead....you have been warned.  ^_^

> Kagato discovered that Tenchi can't be copied.
> Zero and Dr. Clay discovered that Ryoko can't be copied.
>
> Why? In Ryoko's case, because of the jewels.

Well, Dr. Clay could have copied Tenchi also, but it wouldn't be the
same Tenchi with his full power.  The body is easy to copy....it's
the ability that is a lot harder!  ^_^

> I was shocked, on careful re-viewing, to discover just how vague Washu( and
> the editors) keep things about the jewels, there may be a big surprise in
> store. However, the conclusion that Zero was subverted by Ryoko's defensive
> double because of having to take the jewels seems clear. What is not clear
> is what lever Washu used to extort Ryoko into taking back the embarrassing
> double. I think the idea that she had too to get the jewels back is a good
> subconscious patch on my part.

Washu used a little bit of everything.  Ryoko wanted  the gem which is a
little self-persevation.  Ryoko was stuck in the tank which is a
little fear.  Washu even used a little reverse pyscology on Ryoko:
"I won't force you too if you don't want to, but...".  Considering
that Zero was now made of Masu also(or was she always made from Masu?
Hmmm....), it would be fairly easy to conbine the two of them, as
shown in Tenchi #10.

> It becomes clear when you consider the mental links Washu has told
> Ryoko(unlikely to be lies) that the jewels create, that the jewels are
> inextricably part of Ryoko, and that the mental links are the real source of
> Washu's information once she realizes that Zero Ryoko has been substituted.
> (interesting that Washu doesn't normally spy on Ryoko's mind).

You don't think that Washu hasn't looked into Ryoko's mind?
Hehehehe!  Remember in #6, Washu had already looked into Ryoko's
thoughts in only the 5 minutes that the two actually talked to
each other.  This suggests that Washu's link to Ryoko is more one way
toward's Washu.  Ryoko had no clue that her thoughts where being
searched.  This is the reason why I believe that Aeka's and Ryoko's
attempt to lock up Washu in episode #7 failed.  All Washu had to do
was look into Ryoko's mind and see that she was up to no good and
make the according plans.  ^_^  Who knows how much Washu evasdrops
into Ryoko's thoughts?  But, knowing Ryoko, her thoughts are fairly
simple....

1) I love Tenchi.
2) Get rid of the competition.

^_^

> Might have beens:  It is noteworthy that Dr. Clay would have been in big
> trouble anyway, had Zero not found it necessary to take the jewels. He would
> have had one irate Oni in his fishtank, able to create lighthawk wings, and
> powerful enough to collapse a black hole, undoing its' effects.
> Likewise, had Kagato succeeded in killing Ryoko, he would have had dead
> jewels, and one mad as hell higher-dimension-tree/goddess inside his
> defenses, with no power to control her. Since Tsunami and her trees were
> willing to risk Ryu-oh, Aeka, Tenchi, and Ryoko, all to kill Kagato,
> suddenly her seeming surrender to insert Tenchi makes sense.

The moral of the series: Don't mess with Tenchi and the girls...They
WILL kick your butt!  ^_^

Ryoko has had all of her energy taken away from her before when she
battled Yousho.  Ryoko strikes me as almost impossible to kill
because Washu is a genious!  ^_^

I still think it was more than risky for Tsunami to risk herself like that,
but it payed off.

> After all these sensible(to me) comments, let me indulge one wild eyed
> speculation. What the three sisters may be up to in the Tenchi Muyo
> universe(regardless of whether I am right about what three sisters they
> are), is a little god-making. Maybe they are trying to come up with a
> universe where the gods are decent people rather than the usual megalomanic
> swine.

Hmmm...I like this!  Ignoring Tenchi's super abilites, Tenchi himself
might be a good effect on them.  ^_^  How much real work does Jurain
Royaltiy normally do?  At Tenchi's house, Sasami is a master cook and
Aeka helps around the place doing various chores.  From the sounds
of it, Ryoko doesn't blow up nearly as much stuff as she used to.
^_^  Washu no longer feels the need to create interesting things like
Ryoko and Ryo-ohki because interesting things are happening all
around her ever since she got to Tenchi's house.  Having rouge Washu
experiments wandering around is the last thing everyone wants.  ^_^
Mihoshi...well, lets just say that she is less of a hazard at the
Tenchi house than if she was actively patroling the galaxy.  ^_^

> BTW: I read someone's comment that the logic I suggested of Sasami being
> Tsunami's avatar-to-be might imply that Ryoko would be Washu's avatar to be.
> A tree is an akward avatar for a god to humans, but Washu seems quite happy
> with her current incarnation. On the other hand, Washu really blew it with
> that entertaining stunt of turning mature in OVA 8. Nothing spooks Tenchi in
> these space girls quite like sudden changes. For all her faults, such as
> blowing holes in the ceiling, Ryoko is very much a what you see is what you
> get sort of gal.

I think I said this!  Remember, this is just my speculation and could
totaly be bubkis after a few more episodes.  ^_^

Remember that Sasami is a very real person and the Image of Tsunami
is just that....an image.  Outside her ship, she can appear to
people, but she has yet to physically touch anything.  Although, Tsunami is
very mobile and powerful, there are places she can't go and things she can't
do...but Sasami can.  It would make sense to co-op someone to help
you out in these situations.  The same goes for Ryoko and Washu.
Washu might not have the best ability in a fight, but Ryoko certainly
does.  It seems to make sense that if you are a higher dimensional
being that you want a resident of the dimension to be on your side to
act through.  This especially handy when you can foresee a fight
coming.  I definately see that in the future that Tsunami, Washu, and
Tokimi tangling and one of the things they will rely upon is there
"avatars" to help them out.  I egerly await that day and this
confrontation.  ^_^

"Mecha Washu...BEAM!"
Tomar
aka tomar@helser14.res.iastate.edu

                        Tomar: aka tomar@iastate.edu
    The Return: <http://helser14.res.iastate.edu/tomar/anime/anime.html>
                <http://129.186.76.14/tomar/anime/anime.html>
                     General observation about Anime...
                "Cuteness will prevail...Oh yes it WILL!!!"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs