Re: EPISODE 13 Questions [SPOILER WARNING]

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Steven Osman <sosman@terratron.com>
subject Re: EPISODE 13 Questions [SPOILER WARNING]
date Sat, 3 Feb 1996 13:18:56 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 3 Feb 1996, Lanzer wrote:

> At 07:49 PM 2/2/96 -0500, Steven Osman wrote:
> >I have a couple of Epsiode 13 questions.
>
>     Ah, the old Ctrl-L doesn't work as page break anymore. :)
>
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
> >[SPOILER WARNING]
>
> >First off, was anyone disappointed as I in the handling of Lady Tokimi?
>
>     Yes, and the episode, and the art (kind of) and the ending...
>
> >There was little explanation as to her.  She made a comment asking about
> >"her sisters" in the v.13 appendix...  Anyone know who she was referring
> >to?  (I'm pretty certain that the shadows in the background are Washu and
> >Tsunami - they couldn't be her sisters, or could they?  Tsunami, I can
> >understand, but Washu?)
>
>     I watched it in Japanese, so I couldn't comment on that.

Speaking of which, I watched it twice yesterday - my first time, in
Japanese subtitled, then in English (I can never thank Pioneer enough for
religiously releasing multi-audio LD's).  For those who have heard the
dubs :

   Isn't the guy Azusa picked as an heir a RETARD (well, his English
voice in any case).
   Isn't the commander at the Galaxy Police's new voice also retarted?
   Isn't Azaka's new voice retarted *ALSO* (or was it Kamedaki, I can't
remember which one of them changed).

In any case, I found that I can truly appreciate Aeka and Tenchi's voice
more, they don't make me cringe like they did.  Still the Japanese VA is
better.

>     I have to disagree because most definitely I judge the series
> differently.  I judge by story and artowrk together.  The artwork in
> series two never went up to par as part one.  I was majorly disappointed
> when I saw the OP, and I was hesitated whether to show it to my friend
> or not.  I found "Sasami and Tsunami" has nice artowrk, but then Sasami's
> pony tail is supposed to be round, not flat.  Series two her pony tail
> flattened and you can see a flip on the top.  Just little things that add
> up to larger ones.

Well, I did like the Artwork on most of ep.'s 12 and 13.  Tell me, didn't
you notice Ryoko's being drawn much better (there's more fleshtones in
her body, there are more curves and ridges (for example, her belly), and
shadows, the whole nine yards?

>     Story wise, though the title IS Tenchi "Muyo", I really expected Tenchi
> to be useful when Ryoko was captured! ):-)  Oh well, again it's just me.

Maybe the second series would have best been called Washu Muyo!

Steven Osman
http://www.terratron.com/~sosman/

Search field Search string

archive list