Re: EPISODE 13 Questions [SPOILER WARNING]

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Lanzer <lanzer@mindlink.bc.ca>
subject Re: EPISODE 13 Questions [SPOILER WARNING]
date Sat, 03 Feb 1996 02:00:49 -0800
At 07:49 PM 2/2/96 -0500, Steven Osman wrote:
>I have a couple of Epsiode 13 questions.

    Ah, the old Ctrl-L doesn't work as page break anymore. :)

>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]
>[SPOILER WARNING]

>First off, was anyone disappointed as I in the handling of Lady Tokimi?

    Yes, and the episode, and the art (kind of) and the ending...

>There was little explanation as to her.  She made a comment asking about
>"her sisters" in the v.13 appendix...  Anyone know who she was referring
>to?  (I'm pretty certain that the shadows in the background are Washu and
>Tsunami - they couldn't be her sisters, or could they?  Tsunami, I can
>understand, but Washu?)

    I watched it in Japanese, so I couldn't comment on that.

>Also, Azusa tells Yosho at the end of the episode that he can wait
>another 2000 years for him to change his mind...  About what?  (is it
>about him returning to Jurai or something?)

    Notice that Yosho haven't age a single bit for the pass 700 years.
That's scary.  Either Tenchi heads to Jurai, or everyone will be only a
year older when Tenchi's 80.  Scary.  Ryoko doesn't even age, of course.

>In any case, I enjoyed the episode a lot, but I think the second series
>definately opens up the need for another 101 TM Facts type book - (maybe
>202?)

    The episode was kind of quiet for me, though it did answered alot
of questions and raises twice as much questions and mysteries. ^^;
I'm not surprised if there's a 202.

>I get the impression that there will be more Tenchi in the future -
>anyone have anything solid on this?

    Yup, they announced another series right?  Having Tenchi leaving
earth (and be useful again hopefully) raises hopes for me.  I want
this really cool storyline that can rival part one.  Of course, I'm
asking too much. ^_^;

Here's something I wrote:

    I have to disagree because most definitely I judge the series
differently.  I judge by story and artowrk together.  The artwork in
series two never went up to par as part one.  I was majorly disappointed
when I saw the OP, and I was hesitated whether to show it to my friend
or not.  I found "Sasami and Tsunami" has nice artowrk, but then Sasami's
pony tail is supposed to be round, not flat.  Series two her pony tail
flattened and you can see a flip on the top.  Just little things that add
up to larger ones.

    Story wise, though the title IS Tenchi "Muyo", I really expected Tenchi
to be useful when Ryoko was captured! ):-)  Oh well, again it's just me.
--
(x_x)Lanzer's vacation96 report: http://mindlink.net/lanzer/trip.html (-_-)
(^_^)Derek Liu, or Lanzer, at lanzer@mindlink.net. Vancouver, Canada! (-_^)

Search field Search string