Ryouko y Youshou

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Federico Talens Alesson <talens@angel.qui.ub.es>
subject Ryouko y Youshou
date Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:19:35 +0100 (MET)
I still believe that she was not actually controlled, but acted with the
limited freewill of someone who does not knows he has alternatives...

Yagami Makibi wrote:
>At  2:34 PM 97.2.27 -0800, Dr. Briefs wrote:
>>At 07:11 PM 2/27/97 +0100, Federico Talens Alesson wrote:
>>>Not THAT stupid. Each time Youshou is called by his name, Ryouko is either
>>>controlled, unconscious or absent. And from OAV 6 onwards nobody mentions
>>>the Kagato incident. As far as in OAV 13, nothing. Then the meeting of Youshou

>>>with Funaho, and the discreet conversation between Azusa and Youshou take
>>>place while Ryouko is in another place or distracted (with Misaki saying
>>>goodbye to everybody). It might be that nobody has thought about telling her.
>>>Think of it: what reason there could be for anybody to tell her?.
>>
>>There's no doubt that Ryouko's been keeping her attention elsewhere, which
>>does lead to the possibility that she still doesn't know..
>>
>>The only major contradicting evidence I could find is OVA 9, when Youshou
>>was telling the ghost story..  "600 years ago, when I was a young man, the
>>owner of this place told me this..." -Katsuhito, OVA 9

>That sounded fake (^_^;;, like a grand-parent telling his little grandson some
>kind of a fairy-tale. Unless you really knew who Katsuhito was, I don't think
>anyone will really trust that story (and assuming that Ryoko didn't know that
>Katsuhito was Yosho, maybe she just took it as some kind of a fairy-tale).

>>At this time, Ryouko was clearly present, not unconscious, nor were there
>>any real distractions that would prevent her from hearing what Katsuhito has
>>said.  Since she didn't find anything wrong with Katsuhito saying that he's
>>been alive for over 600 years old, I would assume that she knew that he must
>>be Youshou.

I have the english version of that episode: Katsuhito says there that the
tale refers to something happened 600 years ago, and that the tale was told
to him in his youth. It does not follows it was told 600  years ago

>Maybe she didn't really care? (^_^;;
>Nobuyuki didn't seem that suprised either (ofcourse, he might actually know
>that Katsuhito is Yosho, though doubtful).

This tale seems to be an old tale from Youshou: when the landlady of the baths
interrupts and Tenchi cryes "Bu..but the White Ghost!" she complains at Youshou:
"Not the White Ghost!. That tale of yours again!". Nobuyuki knows it: he is
fanning the oven to produce the smoke for the "ambience"

>>However, there is also the possibility that she doesn't know the average
>>life-span of a normal earthling.

>That is a possibility, considering that she was selaed in that cave the
>whole time.

Not for the above reason...I think that this is just a silly situation: nobody
thought about it. Also: think of OAv 7, when Ryouko runs in her mind the
interview with Katsuhito: "Grandfather, please help me to build a family with
Tenchi (or something: spanish dub)". I can feel Ryouko more in character with:
"Hey, You!. Youshou, you owe me something for 700 years!. Tell Tenchi to marry
me!". It would be more like her.

Anyway, and off topic: have you considered that Ryouko was ALSO frightened
with the tale?. She might be scared by ghost?. BTW: what happened with the
fanfic someone was making about Ryouko finding a book where legends about
banshees were told?. It was months ago...

Fede

-She is calling her MOMMY!
				Ryouko's almost last words

Search field Search string