Re: just a query

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Brazil <borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
subject Re: just a query
date Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:23:16 +0100 (MEZ)
On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Moroboshi Ataru wrote:

> Okay..  I like Tenchi Muyo just as much as the next guy, but what is up
> with all the role-playing on this mailing list.  If someone says something
> against one of the characters on the show and someone else disagrees --
> don't take on the persona of the attacked person
>
> i.e.
> Bob shmoe writes "Tenchi sucks"
> and someone named Tenchi writes "No I don't"
>
> Realize, I am not picking on anyone on the list in particular, especially
> not anyone with the word "Tenchi" in their name -- that was just an example
> of what I am talking about.  If someone says something you disagree with,
> please -- talk it out intelligently -- otherwise you end up sounding like a
> fool who has no life and must therefore pretend to be someone who doesn't
> really exist.  Taking on the name of someone is ok -- I believe it shows
> dedication to whomever or whatever they are name of -- and it is a good use
> of anonymity.  So please, heed my request.  Don't let things get out of
> hand.  Thanks,

Fortunately, things DON`T get out of hand, not on this ML (well, most
of the time), so if someone does the thing you describe, they either
give real facts to argue, or they do it for the humorous effect.
I have yet to see stupid "No, I don`t" - "Yes, you do" - .........
cut `n paste shouting contests here.

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt / 089-3616887 / borgward@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
   Member of #WASHU# and initiate of the Church of Washu-chan, goddess of
   science, humor and everything and Her prophetess Ryoko the Magnificent.
--------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? ---------------

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited