Re: How to create MP2, MP3 files ???

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Mark Clifton <marcli@caro.net>
subject Re: How to create MP2, MP3 files ???
date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:17:17 -0500
Johnson Chan wrote:

> Anyone know how to create MP2, mp3 files??? Any software, or hardware
> need....and of course where to get them....
> Thanks!

Yea, I have alittle program which you can make mp2 files.  But the way
it works, you need to make the wav file first which can take up 10MB a
minute at Stereo CD Quality!  After that (pending how fast your computer
is) you can decode it into mp2.  I have a pentium 133 and it takes me
over 20 mins. to make a 4 min. (St. CD Quality) song into mp2.  Mp3 now
I've not done, but I've heard its a lot eaiser and faster to do than
mp2.  Just let me know if you want the program!  ;)

					-Mark

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited