Re: TMR Official Graphic Book

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kagato <syzygy@Venus.mcs.com>
subject Re: TMR Official Graphic Book
date Wed, 12 Jul 1995 22:36:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 12 Jul 1995 AMGMIKH@aol.com wrote:

> My comic order comany is offering the Tenchi Graphic Book (I think there is
> now two graphic books out... since it doesn't say, it must be the first one)
> this month for $32.40.  I've heard talk about it on the ML so it sounds like
> a cool thing to get, but I was wondering if the price is right.  Is that a
> fair amount?  Thanks ahead for any advice! ^_^
>
> Bell-dandy
> r-bell@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu

  There are three settai for TM; I picked up the set at AX for $80 (after
a bit of haggling at the AIC booth).  The books are: 1) TM-R first OAV
series [ep. 1-6]; 2) TM-R second OAV series [ep. 7-13]; and TM-C TV series.
They were advertising books 1 and 2 for $30 ea., and book 3 for $35.
$32.40 sounds reasonable ($30 unit price, $2.40 shipping).

  The books are well worth having for any TM fan.  Each is approx. 150
pages, each page in landscape.  Character model sheets, plan and
elevation drawings of structures and ships and excerpts of storyboards
from each episode make up the bulk of the material.  A number of images
are also found on the LD liner notes, but there are many more that aren't.

  Hope this helps..

    -Crow

/* http://www.mcs.com/~syzygy/ */

Search field Search string