Re: When a page has moved...

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Dr. Briefs" <brief@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: When a page has moved...
date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:26:12 -0800
At 03:01 PM 1/31/97 -0700, M P Christian wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Yann Stettler wrote:
>>No, it's a client pull... you do it with a META tag in the web
>>page and you can specify the URL of the new document to load and
>>the number of second before doing it. Naturally, it doesn't
>>work with every browser.
>>Look at Netscape site if you want more info about it.
>Really?  How do you do it?

For future reference, here's a good place to look up HTML stuff:

The HTML Writers Guild's list of HTML resources
(http://www.hwg.org/resources/html/)

For an example of how the META tag can do a client pull, check
http://www.synapse.net/~woodall/icons/refresh.htm

For a good place to verify your HTML code, see how long your page loads with
a 14.4 kbps modem, and check your spelling, goto
http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/

--
Glenn Wang <brief@ix.netcom.com>, http://www.netcom.com/~brief/
      Proud member of #SAS#, The Sasami Appreciation Society

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs