Re: Tenchi dub voices

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ryan Norman <Norman@TWRCOM.COM>
subject Re: Tenchi dub voices
date Thu, 02 Jan 1997 17:29:02 -0700
tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

> > > My opinion is that all Tenchi dubs are *Evil*. ;-)
> >
> > Well, the one I have is, IMO quite good, as dubs go. Vampire Princess
> > Miyu, now THAT`s a FUBAR dub! Of course I haven`t yet heard the
> > TM original, so I can`t really tell. But I AM going to see the 2nd OVA
> > series sub at a friend`s next Monday !!
> > Some time ago, someone wrote that they disliked the dub voice of Kagato
> > on the grounds of it sounding like a crazed maniac. This is bugging me,
> > since I found him to speak rather calm and, well, "educated", just like
> > one would expect a British nobleman to talk. Is it possible that the
> > UK dub is different from the US version? I looked on the sleeve. It says:
> >
> > English voice talent:
> > Kermit Miller, Celeste Burch, Kristen Tanner, Katie Ashley, Jay Hopper,
> > Marie Cabbit, Jean Schwartz, Weston Peese, Gee Gee Loo Loo
> >
> > >From comparing the different tapes` credits, it can be deduced that
> > Weston Peese is Kagato`s voice, backing up my "British nobleman"
> > theory ;-) And "Gee Gee Loo Loo" must be Washu-chan :p
>
>         Am I just incredibly confused or is KT Vogue the voice of Washuu in the

> US?
>
>                                                         -Tempest
>                                                         (Omicron@sprynet.com)

Yes you are confused.  K.T.Voght does Washu.  Watch after the end of
episode 13 for a voice actors interview.  The movie also says which name
matches which.  And by the way, I like the dubbed voices better.  I
think they more fit the character.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited