RE: Upcoming P ANIME CDs

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from athol-brose <cinnamon@one.net>
subject RE: Upcoming P ANIME CDs
date Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:01:07 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Ura wrote:
>         Remember that these are mainly upcoming releases, and they are not
> available yet.  However, as usual, try Sam Goody or any local Anime store
> that carries Pioneer products.  Go talk to them to make sure that they
> receive some in.   Theoretically, any U.S. music store should be able to get
> them in for you, but you'll have less luck with them, since most music
> stores don't carry Pioneer CDs.... at least for now (maybe we'll see a
> change if enough people show an interest)  If you are overseas, then there
> are several mail-order places.  Just ask.

I managed to get a copy of:
> >PICD-1001A Tenchi Muyo Soundtrack
> >                $15.98 Available Now

(which is actually the soundtrack to Tenchi Muyo! In Love!) at Suncoast
(!). They cannot order CDs (or so they say), but they have a shelf-full in
each store.

They also had:
> >PICD-1002A Armitage III:Cybermatrix
> >                $15.98 Available Now

The Tenchi in Love soundtrack is nice, but only okay as music to actually
listen to. (It's great background music.) It seems to alternate between
variations on Kain's and Achika's themes with very little alteration. You
can also hear a strong similarity to Franke's music for "Babylon 5" when
listening on headphones. "The Alchemy of Love" is singing over a track
you've already heard one and a half times by the time you get to it, and
the "bonus" track isn't anything special.

The packaging is great, however.

athol-brose -- cinnamon@one.net -- http://w3.one.net/~cinnamon/

Search field Search string

archive list