[tenchi:106475] Re: Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Joseph Riggs <eumerin@yahoo.com>
subject [tenchi:106475] Re: Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na
date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
The fan-sub group goes by 'Hakubi', actually, which is Washu's last name.

:p

iirc, that's the same group as 'Wasurenai'.  There was merely a name change - though
I could be mistaken on that.

Fansubbing for the series was originally problematic.  Someone would fansub an episode
and then never be seen again.  Then someone would fansub the next episode and never
be seen again.  Etc...  Eventually Wasurenai got involved and we had the first
group that actually stuck with it.  They've started subbing some of the early episodes
as well but I don't think that they're caught up on that.  New fansubs come out when
the blu-ray for an episode is released, which means that the raws (which come
out based on the broadcast schedule) typically show up a couple of months ahead of
the fansubs.  The blu-ray not only has better quality, but also often includes a scene
or two that's not in the broadcast version (for instance, the first episode
broadcast version is missing Lashara's coronation, which is only found on the blu-ray
version).  Episode 13, the final episode, just aired.  That should give you a rough
idea of how much longer it will be before the entire
 series is available as fansubs.

There's also another group that started fansubbing the episodes, but I can't remember
what their name is.  They also jumped into it mid-schedule and are missing at least
some of the earlier episodes.

junior