[tenchi:106474] Re: Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na

to tenchi@usagi.org
from ^_^x Kenshin-dono <kenshindono@comcast.net>
subject [tenchi:106474] Re: Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na
date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:02:10 +0000 (UTC)
Hmm not sure about bandai. I dont think i've bought anything from them in a while.
Are Funimations DVD releases usually quite poor? Some of their newer stuff that ive
looked at looks pretty piss poor. I.e. the US claymore DVD release was NOTICABLY
inferior looking to the R2 DVD rips that i had. Thank god i rented it and didn't buy
it

R1 DVDs usually tend to look worse than R2 for some reason, i dont know why. But Claymore
seemed like a pretty big difference

one strange thing i found out is that NISA/Rosenqueen.. that company that does Disgea
and other stuff is doing anime now o_O I guess they picked up toradora. I hope they
do a good job, i loved that series

----- Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > You've also been watching Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari,
> > right?
>
> Unfortunately, I stopped at episode 3, since all the following episodes were in
matroska, a file type with which does not play well at all under anything but modern
windows machines (I have a 2.5Ghz Dual CPU Mac, which is actually faster than my Intel

> Core2 Duo 2.53Ghz Linux box).  Apparently it'll run as long as only 2 of 3 things
are present in the container (H.264, HD video, subtitles), practically every anime
in .mkv has all three, and many won't even play right under Windows.  :P
> Western Digital makes a media player for about $80 that runs matroska, one of my
friends and our anime club have one.  However, they still haven't upgraded it to work
with either True MPEG-4, or matroska with OGG audio... so that doesn't work either.

> Now, I also haven't been able to track down copies, other than raw, for anything
past 10.

> I'm kind-of hoping that Funimation will license it, and do a good job.  Since otherwise,
the only other group I'd really want to do it is AnimEigo (Bandai does a great job,
but usually stays with their own projects, and they unfortunately use a
> pressing factory in the US that has a horrible QC track record).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs