[tenchi:106454] Re: Tenchi has Blue... LED lasers.

to tenchi@usagi.org
from K T Kutani <kutani@castledragmire.com>
subject [tenchi:106454] Re: Tenchi has Blue... LED lasers.
date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:27:42 -0600
One hopes that they would have re-mastered from the original films, ala
Royal Space Force (being able to see the shadows under the paint on a
big TV is just... amazing).

Since geneon is gone, maybe Funi will pick up the originals and re-do
the subs to be correct.  Would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

-KTK

Gregory Himes wrote:
> It's been a real long time since I've seen anything from the ML, so here's
> hoping this gets through.=0A=0AWith the release of the BLu-Ray editions of
> Saint Knight, Blu-Ray editions of the first two OVAs and related Tenchi Muy
> o! Ryo-Ohki material have been released in Japan, including a limited editi
> on box.=0AUnfortunately the price is USD$55 per disc, or about $275 for the
>  box.=0AThis includes everything that was in the =E5=A4=A9 - =E5=9C=B0 -
> =E7=84=A1 - =E7=94=A8 - ! 5 disc DVD release, but is now on only 4 BD discs
>  (eps 1-13.5, Mihoshi, and the SoundFile).=0AHowever, as I suspected, most
> of the comments on Amazon.co.jp revealed that though most people were satis
> fied with it, unfortunately there wasn't any "Wow" from better definition o
> r any spectacular clean-up.  After all, this was before any computer shadin
> g, special effects, or inbetweening.=0AI was also hoping that they would in
> clude fixed and updated subtitles with the BD version, but there is absolut
> ely no mention of subtitles of any kind, let alone multiple audio tracks (s
> o I doubt is has better than 2.0 stereo), in any of the listings I could qu
> ickly find.=0A=0AIf anybody wants to research and report further on this, i
> t would be useful, but I won't be doing so anytime soon, since at those pri
> ces, I won't be availing myself of them, until they become cheap in the US.
>  ^_^=0A=0A=0A

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited