[tenchi:106434] Re: Seikishi Monogatari Subbed

to tenchi@usagi.org
from "Dr. Briefs" <glenn@capcorphq.com>
subject [tenchi:106434] Re: Seikishi Monogatari Subbed
date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 01:49:25 -0700
Alan Zabaro wrote:
>9. The biggest exhibitor on the floor was Crunchyroll, a video-streaming
>site that a mere 18 months ago was 100% copyright infringement (they
>weren't even producing their own fansubs!), and which is now 100%
>legitimate. Neat turnaround. They actually had a stage with singer or a
>host to whip up the crowd into chants of the company name. They hadn't
>yet gone as far as throwing T-shirts to the mob, or construction of an
>ADV-style Tower of Babel complete with drums, so maybe they'll be spared?

I was at their booth during one of their "costume contests" (which they
apparently did once per day), where they would give a 1-year membership
to the winner, and four 4-month (or was it 6-month?) memberships to the
runner-ups... and they *did* throw t-shirts (among other things) to the
mob. No t-shirt canons, though.

--
Glenn Wang <brief@earthlink.net>, http://www.capcorphq.com/
       Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs