[tenchi:106410] Re: good series? and a question for those that have the newer Tenchi DVDs

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Kuuta Kutani <kutani@castledragmire.com>
subject [tenchi:106410] Re: good series? and a question for those that have the newer Tenchi DVDs
date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:18:46 -0500
Gregory Himes wrote:
> JSYK... Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan was better RAW or fansubbed... when it was translated
for broadcast/sale in the US, it lost a lot of it's "edge."  And that edge was what
primarily made the show more than just a stupid bad mecha show.  The
> translation basically took the Gainax out of it  ^_^
>
> ======
>
> Now, I still only have my Japanese and US Laserdiscs, the original Tenchi DVD Ultimate
Edition (the one with the encyclopedia disc - from 1999) and Japanese DVD 5(!)...

> Does anybody here have the newer releases (made as a set of 4 DVDs), and know whether
they have corrected the notable English translation errors?

> --Thanks

*rises from the mists of time*

I too would like to know this.  Recently gave my OVA DVDs a reviewing,
and the translation is so noticeably bad it made me want to rip the
video and resubtitle it myself, nevermind the audio error at the
beginning of episode six on the Japanese track where it goes out of sync
for about a minute.

-K.T.K

Search field Search string

archive list